Clean-Simple-Comfortable

June 17, 2008

That is the tag line of an online store that I am just loving right now, but it may as well be the tag line for my approach to day-to-day living. I really want to share this site with you all -- it is simply too great to keep to myself. Farmhouse Wares offers a "fresh, new country style has an inviting vintage feel with an eco-friendly twist." I know the design world right now is all about mid-century modern (which I love), but sometimes I crave something a little more comfortable and home-spun. Farmhouse Wares speaks to that for me. Check out these goodies:


Aren't these the absolute perfect glasses from which to sip an icy margarita? And they are made from actual recycled Sol Cerveza bottles from Mexico. Next up:

Now, I have no idea if this fly trap actually works, but isn't it so much more appealing than those sticky, chemical-y things they sell at the hardware store?

This is just so cool and old-fashioned. Wouldn't you just love to have this marmiton tian and pitcher on your nightstand for a little old-fashioned wash basin appeal?
This would be just about the perfect hostess gift in my opinion: a little enamel ware bowl with two herbal soaps of your choice and a wooden fingernail brush. Last, but not least:
I try to use cloth napkins as much as possible. Not only are they eco-friendly, they make everyday meals feel just a tad special. These are the perfect combination of vintage and modern, and have a nice Marimekko feel. Plus they are my absolute favorite color in the world. Love that mug too. Check out Farmhouse Wares. I think you'll just adore it.

2 comments:

  1. i am so obsessed with your blog, jora. this store is awesome - love everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...