Evil, Evil Plastic

June 25, 2008


In my never-ending quest to remove and replace all plastic from my kids' lives, I've come across two things I'd like to share. First, at Whole Foods the other day, I picked up the cutest set of bamboo silverware just the right size for chubby little hands, and a matching bowl that is perfect for a little rice cereal and peaches or some yogurt and honey. You get the picture. Next, I came across a GREAT website for BPA, PVC and Phthalate-free kids things like bottles, sippy cups, teethers, toys, etc. {Baby J's teether in the photo from yesterday is from this store.} It takes the research and guess-work out of the process of buying these necessary things for kids. I don't know about you, but I find it all very confusing....some plastic good, some bad, read the numbers on the bottom of the item?? {By the way, I can't figure out if melamine is safe....does anyone know?} Do yourself a favor and check out The Soft Landing. Turns out, they carry the bamboo bowl and utensils too!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I was just looking at some bamboo items for Pj. I also need to order new lunchboxes for the kids, so this is a very helpful site.

    Bow, what about your disposable bamboo plates and utensils? Where can I get my hands on those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jora! This site is fantastic - I am going bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia @ The Soft LandingJune 26, 2008 at 5:50 PM

    Thanks so much for your thoughtful words, Jora!

    I'm thrilled to hear that you find our store to be helpful :)

    Sincerely,

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know how long they last! I haven't had much luck with bamboo thus far. But I love the way it looks and of course its "healthy" factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. L-O-V-E the Bamboo plates. I'm all over this idea too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...