Meal Planning Monday.

July 21, 2008

Monday

Corn Chowder
Crostini with Garlic Sauteed Chard

Tuesday

{Dinner out with girlfriends}
For the boys: Chicken Mango Sausage (from Costco), polenta and sauteed chard (we have lots right now)

Wednesday

Penne with Herbed Zucchini and Goat Cheese

Thursday

{Dinner with a friend -- twice in a week? This is unheard of!}
For the boys: leftovers

Friday

(Uncle Pete is coming over)
Homemade salsa and chips
Chicken Tostadas

Saturday

(Elise arrives for a week -- yay!!)

Cappelini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce
Rita's Zucchini Blossom Fritters (remind me to share this recipe some time -- it is killer)

Sunday

Maybe Dinner Out? Elise always wants to go to Tony's Jacal as soon as she gets into town.


*this week I also need to make the Zucchini Pickles from Sunset and more baby food (I'm going to try lentils for the first time with Baby J). And I really, really want to try these. It seems like everyone is talking about them.*


BTW, this meal planning stuff is aspirational. I will probably end up making 50 percent of these ideas. But putting them in written form helps me stick to a plan and helps me avoid the 5 o'clock scramble, as Andrea called it. :)

3 comments:

  1. Your menu looks yummy (can't believe you have a little one at home; how do you cook with her? Dinner time is my 9 month old's fussiest time of the day). Glad you're liking the menu planning. I've recently started doing the same thing and find it extremely helpful (also cuts down on eating crappy take-out food). The only difference is that I plan five meals for the week but don't assign them a particular day. That way, I just pick a meal according to whether I have time to do something time consuming (with a lot of chopping) or if I need something quick. By the way, how do you make your chicken tostadas? They sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KellyT -- Actually, I like your idea better -- I would rather be able to fix one of 5 choices so that way I can still be a little spontaneous. That's the reason I always resisted meal planning before! This is the chicken tostada recipe I was going to try (super easy). http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/CHICKEN-TOSTADAS-242826.

    p.s. It's SUPER hard to cook with an eight month old who likes to be held and takes short naps!! I sometimes end up making stuff after she goes down around 6:30. Problem with that is we eat too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planned our whole dinner of braised pork tacos around those pickled onions you gave me - soo good. Just wanted to let you know that the Zuni cookbook also has a great sounding zucchini pickle recipe. I think you have it, don't you? I'm planning to make the Zuni chicken with bread salad tomorrow, I haven't made it in a while. Tonight I think we'll eat the leftover pork with some of your chutney and a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...