Meal Planning Monday.

July 28, 2008

This week, I am trying to incorporate the following, all of which are overflowing in the garden: zucchini (this is sort of a theme for the summer, I realize), chard (ditto), cippoline onions, Japanese cucumbers, grapefruit and peppers. I'm going to pretend this is my very own C.S.A box (or as my friend Adri calls it, a "farmer box"), and I just need to get resourceful and creative. Also, the lovely Elise is staying with us this week and she is vegetarian, so I need to revisit all of your wonderful suggestions in that regard.

Monday

{Lunch: Stuffed Pita Pockets with Japanese cucumbers and radish}

Alice Waters' Swiss Chard Gratin
Tzatziki and Pita Chips (this is one of Elise's requests)
Grilled chicken sausages

Tuesday

Mexican Food at Tony's Jacal (we didn't make it last night -- we had too much Mexican food this weekend!)

Wednesday

Homemade veggie burgers (I use Columbia Bar's recipe)
Sauteed zucchini and cippoline onions

Thursday

Girls night out -- we are thinking Piatti or Barbarella
Boys will have leftovers and like it and appreciate it and clean up too

Friday

{Dear friend Chris is in town and is -- hopefully -- coming by for breakfast ... I am thinking TJ's Chocolate Croissants, freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice and sausages}

Zucchini Rice Gratin
Spaghetti with Homemade Pesto

Saturday

Unsure -- we may go out again??

Sunday

Leaving for Napa (B surprised me with a last minute trip)

6 comments:

  1. wow! so you are brining J Baby to Napa? You are my hero!C-Man too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K: Nooooo, we are not taking C-Man (that's why God made Grandparents!)...but J goes where I go for now, as you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napa, really? Cool - but sounds like it might interfere with our Wednesday dinner plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your organization astounds me...I stare at the open fridge or pantry every night trying to figure out what to make it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me what you thought of the swiss chard recipe-I've made it & thought it too rich and labor-intensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you're headed to Napa. I'd like to move there.

    Also, I've been meaning to try the Swiss Chard Gratin for ages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...