Cocktail Friday.

August 1, 2008

The bad news? I have not yet tried this recipe, so this sort of feels like cheating. The good news? It sounds utterly delicious and is making my mouth water as I type. The ingredients are on my grocery list and I plan to make it this weekend. If you make it, let me know how it is.

White Sangria
from the New York Times

2 small white nectarines or white peaches
1 small green pear or green apple
1 small navel orange
1 bottle cava, moscato d’Asti or other sparkling wine
1 3/4 cups apple juice
1 1/3 cups Cointreau
1 cup club soda.

Slice fruit into thin bite-size pieces. Place in large pitcher. Pour in sparkling wine, apple juice and Cointreau. If possible, refrigerate an hour or two to draw out sweetness and floral aromas of fruit. Add club soda, and stir. Spoon some fruit pieces into glasses filled with ice, and pour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...