I Promised You Napa.

August 11, 2008

Sheesh. For having such a great time in Napa, I sure have had a hard time telling you all about it. Now that we've been back almost a week, it's starting to feel like we never went, so I decided it's time to revisit all those photos. It'll put mama in a better mood, you know what I mean? I thought I would start by showing you the hotel, Solage Calistoga .

Solage is located in Calistoga (obviously), which is at the very north end of Napa Valley (for those of you who have not been there). It is a great location, but the hotel is right up next to the road, which doesn't make for a very nice first impression. Luckily, we had stayed here once before so we knew the rooms are beautiful. The style (in their words) is "Napa Farmhouse meets San Francisco Loft." Sounds good to me!

First things first. Here's the spa:

I waited for that guy to move his big heiny, but he just wouldn't. Please avert your eyes and experience the loveliness.

Here's the "Treatment Waiting Area," and maybe also the "Avoid Going Back to Your Room to Take Care of the Baby Area."

Stroll on over to the Bathhouse and have a mud treatment, why don't you?

OK, if you insist.

This is where the nice lady mixes up your mud concoction. Are you catching the farmhouse-loft vibe?

A close-up of the faucet because I liked it so much. I'm such a sucker for that "rustic modernism" thing.

Here's the view down to the "au naturel" mineral pools. I didn't think it was appropriate to take photos once inside.If you're feeling up to it, go take a class in the Yoga and Movement Studio. There's a beautiful view out to an old oak tree.

Here's the way you walk over to the Restaurant and Bar.

Fantastic bar and restaurant. I guess that's what you would expect when you are in this part of the world. We had room service for dinner both nights after putting Baby J down and the food was awesome. Plus, we got to drink champagne and watch movies in bed (something we never get to do at home). Although there were about 25 crappy unheard-of movies "on demand," Castaway, Wedding Crashers and a new episode of Mad Men were all on regular channels.

Here's the area you can use if you want to get married here. It reminds me a lot of where we got married.I love the old-school pool styling. No fake waterfalls and slides here.Here's where you check in. Very modest and discreet.

I'll show you the room in another post. Must get back to mothering. I know you understand.

5 comments:

  1. That looks great! I noticed they have good rates around Thanksgiving - maybe I'll take James up there that week and avoid cooking Thanksgiving dinner for yet another year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds so relaxing. Is this the place I've heard of where every room has their own set of beach cruisers? Am I confused?
    Anyway, spa treatments and alone time with the husband are good for me.

    Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning, I'm glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place. I need a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great post. I'm all chargerd up, we are going in one month. 3 nights in Calistoga and 1 night in San Fransico. I booked it so long ago I lost my excitment. But seeing your post is reving me up.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...