I'm Not Worthy.

August 13, 2008


Do you already know one80three60? This blog is full of exquisite (original) photography and very thought-provoking writing. I love that she counts among her "likes" birth noses and Rick Bayless' voice. I have never met her in person, but I guess you can say we became friendternets awhile back...when this blog was just a flicker in my eye. She was the single person who told me she would read my blog if I started one. Well, maybe Alice Q did too. (The main reason it took me so long to start this thing in the first place was because I couldn't imagine anyone would read it. Besides how do you tell your friends you're starting a blog??) So I guess it's fair to say I owe it to her for finally starting this darn time-sucker (not really B -- I'm getting my chores done! promise!).

Anyway, one80three60 has just bestowed on me the high honor of the "Arte y Pico" award. What???? You say you have never heard of this award? That's OK, one80three60 and I are both a little unsure of its origins as well, but that does not detract from the honor in my mind. Thank you, thank you for this.

Continuing in this tradition of love-spreading, I would like to pass this award to fellow blogger, Pittsy (a.k.a. "Mama Bj"). If you have not checked her blog out, do yourself a favor and head over there right now. She always has something helpful, entertaining or thoughtful brewing, and I just love that you never know what you're going to get. Her crafting ideas for kids are especially inspiring to someone like me (and probably you too!), and I always dig her meal-planning posts (that's where I got the idea to do mine). In full disclosure, she is a friend of mine from so-called "real life" but this hasn't influenced my opinion in any significant way. Just see for yourself.

Oh, and one more thing. For you Anthony Bourdain lusters out there, a fellow dear reader has provided a link to that (almost) naked shot. Thought I would share. Because that's the way I roll.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations Jora! Mostly I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has to take a cold shower after reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally worthy! I'm sure we will meet one day and then I'll tell you about when I met Rick Bayless in Chicago a few months ago. ;)

    Off to check out Pittsy's blog and Anthony Bourdain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK..now I think he's hotter than ever. :) Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jora, will check out her site. And - OMG...I searched the "internets" for about a half hour to find that pic. Thanx to your other reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! A friend told me about your blog last week, and I finally checked it yesterday. What a great one it is! The writing and photography, and the topics that you post are all very informative and entertaining. You are worthy ;) I'm a mom in San Diego, and I recently started a blog, too. I'm having tons of fun with it. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let you know that I'm reading.

    BTW, I do not know what you guys see in Anthony Bourdain...Okay, the photo is semi-hot, but if you watch him on TV, it's obvious what he's actually like in person. He's one of those people whose skin is almost purple from heavy drinking, who stinks like stale cigarette smoke (and probably will for the rest of his life), and who is fairly nice half the time, especially when the camera is rolling, but turns into an A#@*&LE in 0.5 seconds, flat. And without his celebrity stylist team, he would look very old.

    I've watched a couple of his cooking shows, one where he went to Mexico to visit his sous chef's family, and the poor little guy was half trembling in fear of his boss ("Dios mio, I hope he likes the goat head soup"), and half beaming with pride over his cinder-block casa and surrounding desert estate, where 20 members of his family lived. This portrait, in the midst of Anthony Bourdain (who probably has a swanky penthouse in Manhattan), was especially sad. I know this guy's type...members of my family are just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brittany MdP: Thanks so much! I will have to check your blog out too. As for AB, I completely agree with everything you say about him. I don't really understand what the appeal is... That's why I asked everyone "hot or not?" I expected most people to give me a resounding "NOT"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! I use Vox and have a privacy setting in place. Send me an e-mail and I'll add you to my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this honor. You've been my inspiration and I appreciate this initiation to the blogging community. So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...