Meal Planning Monday.

August 18, 2008

This week is going to be busy. Lots of house guests and other activities. Better get organized.

Monday

Oven fried chicken
Tomato Salad

Tuesday

Chard and bean soup (this should do it for the last of the chard)
Ciabbata

Wednesday

Prosciutto with Melon
Cappelini with Our Heirloom Tomatoes and Basil
Grilled Sausages (still have another unopened package of these)

Thursday

Supper Club for me -- still need to decide on a dish to bring (theme is South Asian/Indian)
I think B will pick up pizza for anyone who is at the house that night

Friday

(BBQ at the house for lots of family)

Carne Asada Burritos (I'll marinate the meat and grill it up, but we'll pick up tortillas, rice and beans from Salsa Restaurant)
Homemade Salsa
Watermelon
Molly is making a dessert

Saturday

Going out to Starlite Lounge with Cousin Jevan and his wife Casey

4 comments:

  1. You seem to grill a lot of sausages. Is there a particular brand/kind you use? I've never done them that way and would like to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly: B has been buying these really good chicken sausages with mango and jalapeno from Costco. We haven't tried a lot of other food items from there, but these are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jora. I'll look for them the next time I'm there. BTW, I tried your lentils with coconut milk and rice. It was really really good! I probably overcooked the lentils a wee bit (they sort of disintegrated into mush) but once I mixed in the rice, it gave it a little more of a bite. Three out of four of us liked it (my picky one was the holdout) and we've decided it's a keeper. Have you ever tried Jaime Oliver's chickpeas with rosemary? Completely different ingredients but for some reason your dish reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...