Napa, Napa, Napa.

August 5, 2008

We are back. We had a fabulous time and Baby J did better than we could have ever imagined. The trip was especially great for the following reasons: 1. B and I laughed so much my stomach muscles are sore (although that is also depressing as it is a reminder I really, really need to start exercising those muscles more often), 2. I was able to spend not one, but TWO glorious days at the Solage Spa, and 3. Napa Valley simply is the best possible combination of city and country life imaginable. I mean, where else can you talk over coffee with the coolest organic farmer hippie chick about gardening and babies and the genius of Waldorf education and then, just hours later, slurp oysters and drink champagne for lunch in the darling dining room of Bouchon?

I am going to upload lots of photos and bore you to tears over the next couple of days with highlights from the trip.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the 'boring' posts. I've never been to Napa. Can you believe? It sounds like a wonderful getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better have brought me some macarons! ;-) So glad you had a good time! We should do a girls trip up there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AliceQ: 2 espresso and 2 caramel, just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jora, I LOVE Bouchon, have great memories of it. Michael did a couple of paintings of the interior, I'm a fan of that gorgeous zinc bar. Glad you and B had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I are going to Napa next month and guess where we are staying....? Solage. I'm excited you like it, cause I was getting a tinsy bit worried about the place . The website looks great,and your confirmation about it,...well,I feel I made the right choice. Now I can't wait for your post with pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel: I am going to tell B that we need to start saving right now for one of Michael's paintings of Bouchon -- I can just imagine how beautiful it is.....plus the place has a special place in our hearts.

    MyBelle: I think you are going to really like Solage. If I can get my act together, I am going to try to do a post about it. Just be sure to get a studio off the street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think the words boring and Napa can go in the same sentence!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...