OMG, I Can't Take the Cuteness.

August 9, 2008

I just got back from witnessing the cutest thing yet since having kids. You see, C-Man has developed a intense interest in dance over the past couple of months, in particular, tap. He has taken to watching old episodes of The Lawerence Welk Show with B (it started out as something funny-haha to do, and nostalgic as I used to watch it with my grandparents every Saturday evening). But then, it became a ritual for C-Man (and for B, actually -- sorry B, I realize I'm sort of throwing you under the bus). C-Man especially loves the dancing. Luh-uvs. Most especially the tappers. And even more specifically, Bobby Burgess. { Please, please check this guy out. Will Farrell most definitely studied Mr. Burgess (c. 1973) when preparing for his various roles involving dancing, cheer, or the like.} C-Man will actually pound the TV screen and say "I want to be him! I want to be him!" As in Bobby Burgess. Fear for us. Please -- for me -- take another look. So, B and I have come to the realization and appreciation that C-Man must be enrolled in dance class. Soon. Before he realizes there aren't many boys who do that. And not a cool hip hop class like some of his other friends are taking. We need hard-core tap, ballet and that sort of thing.

See what I mean? Nine little girls plus C-Man. He had no idea.

Twirling around with all the little ballerinas. Does that make him a "ballerino"? Here comes the tap train with C-Man as the caboose. There was some baton twirling too. Shhhh. Don't tell B. He may not let us go back.

I didn't buy him any tap shoes because I wanted to make sure he would actually participate in the class. Won't make that mistake again. "Mama, how come you forgot to get me my tap shoes?" was all that I heard on the ride home. That and "My dance teacher is really, really, really nice, mama."

{We weren't allowed to videotape the class, but I was able to take a stealth video with my little point and shoot....thus, not the greatest quality, but fun to watch nonetheless.}


Dance Class from domestic reflections on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. He is adorable! It's so sad when they give up on interests due to peer pressure (and it starts so early!). In the meantime, get those tap shoes, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you caught some pictures!!! I can't wait to see his re-enactment in person. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jora, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! He is a little Gene Kelly in the making. This post made my day. Who says you have to have a girl to go to ballet class!?! P.S. Love the outfit. Very Baryshnikov!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love that he digs it. Christopher did dance for awhile but I don't think he had the heart for it that C-Man does. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...