Baby Gift Help.

October 22, 2008

OK, so you know when someone has a new baby and you need to buy a gift and you just don't know what they need? Or maybe you are a little late and you don't know what size the little one is? Or maybe you aren't a parent and are confused by all the baby stuff out there? Heck, maybe you are a parent and you're still confused? This is the gift to get. Trust me. (Of course there are tons and tons of other great ideas out there...this idea is perfect if you can't come up with anything on your own.) And come to think of it, this gift would be great for any kid up to about 3 or so.

You've been a responsible citizen and reading all the literature and you want wood, right? Check.

Made in the good old U.S. of A.? Got it.

Something the baby can use for a long time? Yep.

Looks classy? That too.

Not something that the baby already got four of at the shower? There's a good chance you've got that taken care of.

Oh yeah, and won't break the bank? Yes, yes, yes.

May I introduce to you Uncle Goose Brand ABC Wood Blocks. They are old-fashioned and beautiful....and the best part? They come in about 14 different languages, so your yuppy friends will think their kid is soooooo international because of little old you. Hebrew, Italian, Dutch, German, Swedish, French....they got it. And the blocks come in a really nice heavy canvas storage bag. All for about $30.

More info here.

11 comments:

  1. Here's my go-to baby gift:

    http://damhorsttoys.com/SubWeb1/products.php?cat=7

    Of course for after the child is born, but I've given these for years and years and they are always well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon....C-Man got one of those little stools as a gift when he was born. Love it! Thanks for the tip!! Anyone else?? What are your go-to baby gifts?

    Amy....Yes, I know you love the wood. I should have put your little maple teethers up as an idea. Maybe another post.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this idea...classy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to start hanging out at mommy groups...that way I can make lots of friends and have an excuse to buy all your gorgeous finds for children, Jora! Of course I could always have some myself, but all in good time :)

    Wood really is the best--I'm in love with these wooden animals at ochre. and of course Brio train sets are a classic, but they seem to have gotten more "plasticky" since I had one as a child...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! by "make lots of friends" i of course mean "make lots of friends with kids". (runs away sobbing quietly)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those. I think I would play with them more than my son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! My sister had a baby boy this summer and I have been racking my brain what to get him for Christmas. These blocks would be perfect!...especially in Spanish because she teaches Spanish.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jora - FYI - The stool legs get loose over time and Damhorst will send replacements free of charge when requested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blocks are beautiful-- what a unique and classic gift! I also love wooden toys made by Vilac-- they come in great vibrant colors and are just cool, but this may be my default gift for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a set of these blocks that I bought for my first son on his first birthday (ten and a half years ago). Two months ago I took them out of a box in the attic (one of the only things I saved all these years) them and gave them to my second son for his first birthday. They are slightly worn - have a few teething scars and one or two doodles on them and they are still PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...