My Favorite Room.

February 11, 2009

My favorite room in our house is, without a doubt, our master bathroom. There are many reasons, really: I love to take hot, hot baths; it is one of the only places I really get any privacy these days (let's be real); and there is the absolute best natural light in there (a huge thing for me). I really want for nothing when it comes to our bathroom.

But something about this bathroom from Amy Butler's book Found Style: Vintage Ideas for Modern Living that Anne featured yesterday just took my breath away. It is 1000% different from our own bathroom, but I know I could love it all the same. It feels like something you would find in one of those old New Orleans homes, doesn't it? Oh, and in case you're wondering, I would sit right there on that chair with my feet on the ottoman, while the breeze air-dries my hair.

10 comments:

  1. i've typically when a nice bathroom is of utmost importance to a girl, it's because she's a bath-taker (which i certainly am). i must say, this bathroom is superb and i'm sure your makeup would come out perfectly given all of that lovely light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it looked like a new orleans home too! it actually resembles an apartment that i had in college (claw foot tub, white tiles, and that gorgeous sink). gorgeous and makes me miss home:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bathroom is really a dream, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link love Jora! Isn't that bathroom stunning? You should definitely try to take a peak at the book---there are similar bathrooms in there for more drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such old world charm. What does your bathroom look like?

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous.....yes, me too....I would sit right there with my feet up on the ottoman and let the breeze dry my hair. Lovely.....Thank you for dropping by my neck of the woods today,it was lovely having you.
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. that actually looks a little like my bathroom in Mission Hills - except of course it was more cramped and no white tile. I like that it's not too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, airy, relaxing, i love it. at this point in my brooklyn life, i dream of the day when i have a window in my bathroom, to say nothing of the deep, claw-foot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!My bathroom is sacred space for me!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. My bathroom is a vision of pink textured wallpaper, sludge green tiles and ripped lino. There is no hot water and the toilet doesn't flush. I can't decide whether looking at this picture makes me joyfully happy or want to cry with longing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...