The ONLY Way to Travel.

April 7, 2009

(If you have kids, that is.)

Having just returned from Napa with B's family, I can confidently say the ONLY way to travel is with other family members. As many of them as possible. The kids are happy and distracted and the family is clamoring to help out. Things like this were actually heard on this trip: "[C-Man] can I please give you a bath and put you to bed tonight since Nana gets to do it tomorrow?" "Go, go, go to dinner. The kids will be fine." And when we returned they would be sleeping soundly...all night long. True story.

Needless to say, we had a simply glorious time with glorious weather and tons of great experiences. We ate at no fewer than the following: Bistro Don Giovanni (a sentimental favorite), Bouchon, Tra Vigne, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, Taylor's Automatic Refresher, and a private lunch in an olive mill (hopefully more on that later). (Baby J and C-Man playing at the fountain at Bistro Don Giovanni....the perfect diversion after lunch!)

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear the details and to see some pics.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun relaxing time. The first trip my husband and I ever took together was SF & Napa and we ate at Bistro Don Giovanni. When we went there in October and it wasn't as good as I remembered. Thankfully Bouchon made up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking notes! Going to Napa late spring/early summer but haven't booked a hotel yet. We're taking my parents along so I'm glad to hear that Napa is fun w/kids and family. Looking forward to more of your recommendations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the links; they have recipes included! Woohoo!! (mouth watering!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. taylor's is one of my absolute favorites...i LOVE their patty melt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i am so impressed! we are too paralized with fear to go anywhere with kids - hence last sunmmer's "staycation". you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We live 2 hours away and still haven't been to Napa proper. I keep hearing about French Laundry, but heard there's a 2 month wait list! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fantastic. And what good kids! The furthest we're venturing as a family this year is Vegas. Where bad behavior is practically a requirement. Can't wait to hear/see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family and I love Napa and always addd a day or so in San Francisco while we are at it. We have been travelling the world with all three of our sons since they were each 2 months old (now 15, 12 and 4!!) I teach classes out of our 200 year old historic farmhouse on entertaining and design ideas from around the world so travel is a part of our lives. My children are at home anywhere in the world. Napa is one of their favorites. Just Beautiful, I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful!! I think you are right about traveling with lots of family!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to go back sometime soon. If only I could drum up some family members to join us... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...