Christmas Song.

November 30, 2010

Sooooo much christmas music around this year (more than normal?)  I'm not a particular fan, however this little song has had a special place in my heart for a very long time.  It's not a holiday song really at all, I don't think anyway.  (I know there are some Christmas music haters out there and for that matter a lot of Dave Matthews haters out there!  Please.  Don't be hating, people.)

Anyway.  I remember the first time I heard it.  I was with B and we had just met.  Mmmmmmm.
"One healthy little gigglin' dribblin' baby boy"....when I heard that I knew we would have a boy.  A boy first.  Yes.  I did.  And yes, we did.

"Why in all this anger do you fill me up with love?"  Love this so much.  Hope you do too.

(reminder) via wide open spaces

9 comments:

  1. Love this type of song- a perfect one to sit and sip on a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine... and reflect. Thanks for sharing- as well as the memories that go along with it.

    (so not a hater when it comes to music- sometimes I find the range of music that I like a scary myself:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jora! Finally delurking because I LOVE this song -- so many memories flooding back. Thanks for reminding me of this so I can listen to it, that album is just SO. GOOD. (ps love your blog very much and have tried so many new recipes since stumbling upon it. my kitchen is happy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. You have not updated for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jujube: thanks for noticing. :-) i haven't been "feeling it" lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad you shared this one. I'd forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. I first heard this song on the radio years ago and could never locate it.I even remember where I was when it came on. Thanks for sharing that. Love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this song and haven't heard it in sooo long, thanks for posting. My husband and I met outside of a DMB show many years ago and, though we are no longer the fans we once were, we are going to see Dave and Tim next Thursday (a rare date night b/c we have 4.5 month old twins...) Here's to hoping they play Christmas song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a hater! I love this song, too. I never really thought of this as a xmas song, but I will now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...