Things to Cook This Week

August 9, 2011

{my new favorite dessert....i've been dreaming of it ever since my friend iris made it the other night}
I have an over-stuffed refrigerator and freezer and pantry right now.   There is so much good stuff at the farmer's market, I just can't help myself.  Time to plan out what to make this week!

Simple perfect tomato sauce (using the buckets of roma tomatoes from the market and my new tomato press!)
Grilled Skirt Steak and chimichurri sauce
Sauteed corn with tarragon (Melissa's recipe)
Steamed garden green beans with garlic and breadcrumbs
Roasted Tomatoes and baked boucheron goat cheese
BLTs
Pavlovas (using the meringues and berries from the farmer's market)
More of Casey's insanely good sangria!
More cold brew iced coffee (I'm kinda obsessed...have you tried this??)

photo credit

10 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to email Melissa for that corn recipe! Can you send it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cold press coffee maker that's been sitting in the back of the pantry for some time. Great idea to use it for iced coffee! Maybe I'll bring it out again, it does make excellent low-acid coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pavlova is always my favorite dessert. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Gwyneth Paltrows pavlova recipe? It's AWESOME.

    http://sidewalksandsunshine.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-fathers-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! BLTs are also on my list. I need to write up that corn fritter recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you had me at BLT ;) All I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very behind on my blog reading...I'm so glad you posted this! I currently have a fridge & freezer also filled to the brink (love our farm share), so it is wonderful to get new ideas about how to use what I have. Thanks, Jora!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pavlova so very much. Made my first one earlier in the summer. But I've never seen a three layer pavlova. Great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...