Waldorf Schools on The Nightly News With Brian Williams Tonight.

November 30, 2011

If you are interested, The Nightly News will be featuring Waldorf Education tonight on NBC.  Reporter Rehema Ellis recently visited The Waldorf School of the Peninsula (the school in the NYT article a few weeks back).  I have not seen any previews, but I hope to catch it tonight.  I hope they explore more of the curriculum and don't just focus on the no technology aspect.  Here is a link to the program.  It's kind of crazy all of the attention Waldorf has been getting lately!

And I promise this isn't going to become my soapbox topic.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these. My husband and I are strongly considering a local Waldorf school for our daughter (who is still too young to attend) and are wavering back and forth about it. I have found these posts to be super helpful, and they always sway me back to the "Waldorf side" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it! My kids don't go to a Waldorf school but go to a school that incorporates Waldorf principles and I found myself nodding my head while reading the article. I wholeheartedly agree with the assessment that kids learn far more by *not* plugging in all the time and instead honing (among other things) interpersonal, writing and speaking skills. Seems more and more like lost arts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...